IDEAL: Internship for Diverse and Emerging Arts Leaders
IDEAL is a summer internship from United Arts that places undergraduate students from backgrounds underrepresented in arts leadership with host arts organizations in Wake County and pairs them with local mentors to guide the students’ personal and professional growth throughout the summer.
The pathway to leadership positions at the highest level in the arts sector is not always clear. The IDEAL eight-week internship will help students gain skills, networks, and experience that will prepare them for leadership roles after they graduate.
The 2024 IDEAL summer internship program will run from June 3 through August 2 and includes:
- $4,500 pre-tax stipend per intern
- Work placement at an Arts Host organization in Wake County for 24 hours per week for 8 weeks
- Additional professional development opportunities, cultural activities, and networking events
- Individualized mentor pairing in interns’ arts-specific field of interest
- A local cohort that will serve as a strong foundation for interns’ growing careers
Intern applications for 2024 are closed. Learn more about the IDEAL internship experience by watching the video at the link below.
IDEAL 2024 will run for eight weeks: four weeks June 3-28, off the week of July 1-5, and four weeks July 8-August 2
Arts Host applications for 2024 are now closed.
If you have any additional questions or accessibility requests, please feel free to email Community Arts Coordinator, Kelly Schrader, at [email protected]