IDEAL: Internship for Diverse and Emerging Arts Leaders
IDEAL is a new summer internship from United Arts that places undergraduate students from backgrounds underrepresented in arts leadership with host arts organizations in Wake county and pairs them with local mentors to guide the students’ personal and professional growth throughout the summer.
The pathway to leadership positions at the highest level in the arts sector is not always clear. The IDEAL ten-week internship will help students gain skills, networks, and experience that will prepare them for leadership roles after they graduate.
The IDEAL summer internship program runs from June 5 to August 11, 2023 and includes:
- $4,500 pre-tax stipend per intern
- Work placement at an arts host organization in Wake County for 26 hours per week for 10 weeks
- Additional professional development opportunities and cultural activities
- Individual mentor pairing in their arts-specific field of interest
- A national cohort that will serve as a strong foundation for their growing career
Arts Host applications for 2023 are now closed. Arts Hosts who become part of IDEAL have the opportunity to host eager and passionate interns and provide a substantive project, phenomenal support, and growth opportunities to our IDEAL participants. Find out more by watching the video at the link below.
Prerecorded Information Video for Arts Hosts
Intern applications for 2023 are now closed. Learn more about the IDEAL internship experience by watching the video at the link below.
Prerecorded Information Video for Interns
If you have any additional questions or accessibility requests, please feel free to email Community Arts Coordinator, Kelly Schrader, at [email protected]