Collaborate with a professional teaching artist to design and co-teach a new four-day arts integrated unit.
Four teachers from one grade level/school will participate and be eligible to receive CEU credits.
Wake County Public School System elementary and middle schools are eligible to apply.
Program details include:
- One four-day residency at the school designed and taught collaboratively by teachers and teaching artist (dates are determined in coordination with artist, do not have to be consecutive, and should take place during the 2019-20 school year)
- Unpacking session each day with teachers and teaching artist
- One face-to-face (or video-conference) planning session with teaching artist and teachers to co-design the unit
- Any email or phone conversations needed to complete the planning
- Teaching artist selected by United Arts based on school preferences
- A three-way contract created by United Arts between artist, school, and United Arts
- Stipend to teaching artist paid fully by United Arts
- Stipend for supplies to implement unit in classrooms, if needed
This program is made possible by funding from long-time educator Frances Grimes