Students will be able to identify the physical features of mountains, hills, lakes, and rivers.
You tube video
Post it notes variety of colors
Large watercolor paper
1. Show the word “landscape” and develop a student led definition.
2. Show video (tbd)
3. Redefine based on new knowledge.
4. Teacher will provide actual definition of each landscape.
5. Students will choose an index card with a specific landscape. They will silently move around to find matching teammates and form that landscape using body movement.
1. Quick review of previous day
2. Get back into landscape group and brainstorm descriptive words based on senses. Example: what see, hear, feel, smell.
3. Students will have approximately 5 minutes to create word list. Each team will have their own post it note to record their words.
4. Students must have at least three words for each category.
5. Students will sort each word under the correct columns.
1. Students will go to the computer lab to research their landscapes on Discovery Ed. They will validate senses and remove or add words as needed.
2. Share out what they have learned as whole group.
Book planning/ production
1. Create the text based on: At the _______, I see ________, I hear ________, I feel _______, I smell ______
2. Follow lesson plan directions for design phase of secret room pop-up book. Instructions in Secret Room Pop-Up Books lesson plan by Peg Gignoux. Teacher will support students based on ability and need. Student leaders will work with groups to provide additional support.
Day 5: days as needed
** share informance allowing students to walk through and view books**
1. Teacher will support students based on ability and need.
2. Student leaders will work with groups to provide additional support.
Completed product and informal observation.
Follow Up and Extension Ideas
Students will create mini books based on information learned about landscapes.