right-arrow left-arrow instagram twitter facebook search

United Arts Council

Manage Your Award

Below is information for recipients of Artist Support Grants. Refer to Grant Contract for complete details.

  • Grant recipients shall use the grant money exclusively for activities specified in the application or approved in writing for a revision.
  • Grant funds that remain unspent at the end of the grant period must be refunded within 30 days after the end of the grant period.
  • If the grant recipient fails to complete the funded project, or if funded project constitutes an exhibition or performance that does not occur, grant funds must be refunded.
  • The grant recipient permits his/her name and information about his/her background and project to be included in publicity about the Artist Support Grant.
  • Recipients may be asked to exhibit, read, or perform work representative of the awarded project at the conclusion of the grant period.
  • Grant Recipients are required to provide required reports by the dates specified in the grant contract.
  • 75% of the awarded grant money is paid upon receipt of the grant contract, interim report, and any required documents. The remaining 25% will be paid upon receipt of the final report.
  • Final grant payments are made on a reimbursement basis only; therefore, the recipient may initially have to pay for some portion of the project.
  • It is the responsibility of the recipient to determine his or her state and federal income tax liability as it relates to the grant award and to file appropriate tax forms. (United Arts sends 1099 for $600 or more).
  • Grantees are required to keep United Arts informed about grant-supported programs and activities. For evaluation and monitoring purposes, grantees must provide two tickets to productions/exhibition openings as related to the grant.
  • Grantees must include the following credit in publicity, promotion, and printed materials for the funded project. The credit line shall read: “[Grant Recipient] is supported by United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County and the North Carolina Arts Council, a division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources. See United Arts logos available for download.

Questions from current artist support grantees should be directed to Ragen Carlile at [email protected]

PO Box 26388
Raleigh, NC 27611

Phone: (919) 839-1498
Fax: (919) 839-6002