Once an artist is accepted into the program, they must adhere to the following annual expectations:
Participating artists sign an agreement confirming that they will adhere to the terms and expectations as outlined in the Artists in Schools Artist Guidelines.
Artist Participation Fee
A fee to begin or renew participation in the Artists in Schools program is collected at the time of submission.
Using the National Sex Offender Public Web United Arts staff performs a background check on all approved artists. This practice safeguards the integrity of the Artists in Schools Directory and the artists whose programming the United Arts Council endorses.
Wake County Public School System requires vendors and presenters to carry a certificate of liability. As a service, United Arts holds a certificate of liability insurance that covers Artists in Schools artists when (and only when) they facilitate events that are contracted through United Arts.
United Arts reserves the right to photograph artists when they are engaged in Artists in Schools supported activities. Photos may be shared via the United Arts website, social media and other marketing materials.
Post Program Review
Evaluations are collected from artists and representatives from each school after each Artists in Schools supported program. United Arts staff reviews these evaluations throughout the year and shares summaries with artists after the school year concludes.
Additionally, United Arts staff frequently visits schools to observe an artist and/or an artist’s program. Cause for removal from Artists in Schools may include, but is not limited to the following:
- failure to abide by any contractual agreement
- low skill or proficiency in implementing artistic programs with K–12 students
- unprofessional behavior (e.g. tardiness, appearance, demeanor, interaction)
- unresponsiveness, or violation of terms of email usage when communicating with Cultural Arts Representatives or United Arts staff
- unsatisfactory evaluations from schools or United Arts staff
- no bookings over the course of multiple years
- implementation of a program other than what is described in the Artists in Schools Directory unless approved by United Arts staff