“Breaking Beat” takes students to the next level and is designed for schools that are excited for their next Number Drummer experience. During part 2, students experience fractions on a deeper level, and discover how breaking beat (rhythm) and breaking parts (fractions and decimals) are connected to reading.
1. Every student plays an instrument
2. Up to 400 students perform simultaneously
3. Provides 100% student engagement
4. Delivers 50 minutes of non-stop math & music
5. Built upon in-depth math & music curriculum connections
6. Targets specific grade-level learning standards
7. Can be customized and adapted for students with disabilities, AIG, Pre-K, and more!
8. Created and presented by a musician, classroom teacher, and instructional coach with over 20 years of experience,
Number Drummer Live “Part 2” continues to inspire, energize, and provide the ultimate live interactive educational experience.
To view an excerpt of this program visit: https://vimeo.com/numberdrummer/nd2
Number Drummer creator, Troy Kryzalka, has worked in music and education for over 20 years. Along with being a musician and classroom teacher, Troy has worked in curriculum and instruction as a trainer, coach, and developer. Number Drummer was created because Troy struggled to learn and understand music the traditional way. Math became his approach for learning music, so it naturally became his method for teaching. Troy has delivered his Number Drummer program to thousands of students and educators across the U.S., and has been recognized and awarded by Yale University for his innovative teaching approach.