Data-Entry Specialist & Fundraising Assistant
United Arts of Wake County is seeking a detail-oriented Data Entry Specialist and Fundraising Assistant to join our successful administration team. This is an opportunity to dedicate your talents to a mission you care about and support the strength of the cultural sector across Wake County.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of External Relations but with responsibilities that support the Finance and Programming departments, as well.
This position is 75% remote work with some meetings and in person event attendance expected.
- Salesforce and Quickbooks data entry including but not limited to: donors, sponsors, school representatives, grantees, and artists
- Coordinates the processing and acknowledgment of donations in Salesforce according to established protocols and maintains accurate donor files
- Maintains Board Records in Salesforce and distributes quarterly reports to Board Members
- Communicates with donors by phone and email. Demonstrates exemplary customer service in all exchanges
- Pay all vendors via Melio
- Reconciles A/P monthly and annually with accounting department
- Collect w9’s throughout the year
- Prepare 1099’s at calendar year end
- Submit remittance request 2x a year to NC to get a refund for sales tax paid
- Pay NC tax withheld from out of state artists
- Annually completes background checks for Artists in Schools Artists
- Maintains electronic files for donors and prospects
- Create and Disperse Mission Support Grant and Spotlight Grant contracts in Adobe
- Sends Contract Invoices to Schools
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one year of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with Salesforce NPSP and familiarity with nonprofits strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks
- Ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity, integrity, and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. You are self-driven and have excellent time management skills while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Reliability, responsiveness, and courtesy in all team and donor interactions.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You have a genuine interest in and commitment to helping UA create and foster a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. You engage in ongoing personal learning and are eager to contribute to our organizational efforts to be a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Collegial, collaborative team player. You enjoy learning together with your teammates and helping others to succeed in their work as well. You bring a collaborative attitude to engaging with other team members and external stakeholders alike.
Salary, exempt position $42,500 annually
Benefits include retirement, health, and generous PTO
To apply please send resume, cover letter, and three references with contact information to [email protected].
Deadline to apply: 12/1/23